Friday, December 17, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

It's almost here! Sweet E's very first Christmas! I'm so excited as anyone can tell by the fact that our decorations have been up since the day before Thanksgiving. I love the holiday anyway, but now I get to see it through the eyes of my daughter and share all my favorite traditions with her.


And I love how Ella is blooming in school. Apparently we have quite the social butterfly. She loves to play with the other kids and has bonded so well with her teachers. They told me this week that Miss E never cries, never fusses. She just walks around playing, talking and smiling.


And she plays with such fun art projects! A sampling of her Christmas work along with a gift from her teachers and a little something for mama and dada.







Her very own stocking to hang by the fire






Peppermint handprints








And a little ornament for Mama and Dada to hang on the tree





Molli the cat (cuh, cuh as E calls her) soaking up some of the holiday warmth




And there is nothing better to spread a little Christmas cheer than a little whose laughing. And why is the little laughing you ask? Well, let me tell you. So there I was changing her diaper when I went to pull out a wipe and I pulled out the last one. Under my breath I muttered, "Cotton pickin wipes!" Because as any mom knows, there is no worse time to have your dispenser run out of wipes than when you are in the middle of a diaper swap.
The noise from the changing table caught my attention. In the midst of the fidgeting that is now common while on the table, I hear a giggle. Did she just laugh at 'cotton pickin'??



Oh yes she did. And I'm digging the little 'tttdddddhhh' noise she makes with her tongue thanks to those two new teeth (which you can just barely see in the video)!

No comments:

Post a Comment