Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pink

Pink. It's my favorite color. Any and all shades...from baby pink to persimmon. I adore it on toes and clothes. On pictures and bows. And flowers and walls. And anything else that would hold still long enough to be painted in the sweet color. It is sweet and sassy and fun. It's what makes little girls full of sugar and spice.
However, I am not so enamored by the rosy shade today. There are places that pink belongs. And on Miss E's eye is not one of them. Yep, that scoundrel little bacteria that gives pink a bad name is making my little rather blue. Pink eye. Uuuuuugggggghhhhh.
I never had pink eye as a kid, so I've had no experience with it. When E woke up from her nap yesterday with yucky eye goobers, a trip to the minor emergency led to the bad news, And to top it off, she's got a total of not one...not two...but three teeth coming in. One of her top middle ones has already broken through. I knew the other middle one was on it's way, but when I looked the other night to see the progress, I saw a third one on the top!! And she's showing it with lots of fussiness. And crying. And whining. And waking up all night. And just general I'm pissed-this sucks-not having it-fed up-unhappiness.
And the cold. Oh, the cold. That's been going on for a month. I force a smile when I think that one day when Ella reads this, she will be the healthiest girl on the face of the planet. Because by her first birthday, she will have built up so much immunity that scientists will study her. At least that's what her pediatrician tells me. That this is actually a good thing and all kids go through it sooner or later.
So, today I don't like pink. I hate pink. I hope that our relationship can be saved. And I hate teeth. I curse teeth. I mean who really needs them anyways? Purees can be delicious. And I hate colds. Colds just suck. But as my dad reminded me what a very wise woman used to day, "This too shall pass." But can it hurry up a wee bit?!?!

1 comment:

  1. wowzers!! You got hit by a triple whammy! Sorry she has pink eye, I dont think I have ever had it either. Hope it all goes by fast!
    She has big grand plans for Jan and we have to be back to loving pink by then :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete