Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy 4 Months Ella!

Sweet Pea is 4 months old today!! What a gift to have been able to see all the things she can do now. I swear they happened over night. I put to bed an infant and woke up to a little girl. Ella weighs 12 lbs 13 oz and is 2 feet long. She's gonna be a tall gal. At her appointment yesterday she even started laughing at her pedi!! It was the first time Shaun got to hear her. She just kept babbling, smiling and laughing at her doc.
At 4 months Ella:
Laughed for the first time and is starting to laugh a little bit every day
Smiles at herself in the mirror
Watches Mommy when I move around the room
Will act shy when I tell her to say hello, she'll bury her head in my shoulder
Deliberately grabs things to put in her mouth
Grabs her feet and tries to put it in her mouth
Says 'maaaaaaa, maaaaaa' from her crib in the morning
Talks to herself ALL.THE.TIME with coo, ahh, baa, maa and who
Can stand up while leaning against something
Sits up for a few seconds
Recognizes family and friends with a smile
I'm already starting to miss the anticipation of all the firsts. The first coo, first smile, first laugh. But I know there are many around the corner. I can enjoy the excitement of her first tooth, word, first time she crawls and walks. But one first I don't have to wait too long for is solids!! Yayyy!! She has been very interested in me eating and drinking and had a strange obsession for bottles...including Diet Coke bottles. She chews when I chew and doesn't really suck on things anymore. There's lots of chompin' goin on over here. At her doctor's appointment yesterday, I told the pedi that she seemed ready to eat solids. Well we got the go ahead to start with rice cereal for a bit and then go to pureed foods! I'm so excited and I think Ella is too. She hasn't had much interest in her bottle lately. She actually grabs for my food sometimes!!
So here is the big girl...showing off her smiles and standing for the camera.


Big hugs for the frog




Well, my, don't you look tasty my friend



Yes, I will have a bite, thank you

Look at me mom!!




This butterfly tastes mighty delicious too!



Summer girl






If I could only get these toes into my chomper




Playing with Dada in the grass












1 comment: