Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh A Day!

We had such a big afternoon around here! Shaun was off today so he got to hang with his little girl.
Daddy and Ella took a little afternoon nap. Baby girl rockin the post-nap hairdo.





Ella and her dada. Yes, her bangs really are that long now! Bows and headbands have become more than an accessory and help to keep that hair out of her eyes. I can't imagine cutting it just yet.



We then ventured over to Sassy and Poppy's house to greet Poppy with a kiss after a long day at work.



Sassy and Tia are working on flowers for this weekend's wedding so the kitchen was filled with beautiful flowers. I love the smell of the kitchen with all the fresh blooms. Especially roses. I thought we'd see if Ella enjoyed them as much.
Oooohhh...pretty flowers


Ring around the rosie, Pocket full of posies!!
Posing with the roses (don't worry, they don't have any thorns!)




Well, rose petals ARE edible aren't they?!?!





Pretty in Pink Coxcomb






Love the fiddle fern!!




Beautiful orchids








And bright ranunculus







Since Ella LOVES being outside, Daddy decided to take her on a walk around the yard. My grandmother had a love for all manners of flowers, trees and birds that she passed down to my mom. I remember being a little girl and walking around her yard while she explained the different flowers. She knew them all! While there was no method to how she planted things (she just threw seeds and seedlings wherever), her yard was beautiful and always filled with pretty birds enjoying the wonderful garden. My mom has the same love for greens and blossoms. My sister also got the gift and is wonderfully talented at putting flowers together to form stunning arrangements. My hope is that Ella will get this amazing talent and love. So almost every morning I take her outside and we walk around exploring and talking about all we see. I point out to her colors and shapes and let her feel the leaves and flowers. She gets a kick out of it. I can't remember all the names of things like Sassy or Tia, but I try!
We have even decided to plant a garden in our backyard. We'll grow veggies and flowers. I can just picture Ella out there in a few years learning to pick weeds the same way my grandmother taught me. There is a correct way, ya know!!
Hangin in the yard






Stopping to smell the pretty flowers






A true Southern home must have Magnolias ya'll! This tree was one of my favorites as a child. It was always so tall with huge white blooms. I wonder what Ella's favorite will be??







Playing around with Dada















Before we knew it it was time to go to bed. Back to the house we went. While I was getting Ella's bath stuff together I found Shaun and baby girl playing in the mirror. She has started to recognize herself in the mirror lately and Daddy got her to laugh at herself tonight.





Who's that silly girl??



















1 comment:

  1. my fav post so far!! love this long one!! She is getting so big!!!! She is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete