Sunday, November 14, 2010

10 Months!

Just getting cuter and sweeter by the day!





It has gotten difficult to take pictures of Miss E. Well, ones that are actually of her face anyways. And a smile while she's facing the camera? Pretty much unheard of. No matter how many crazy sounds I make or toys I tempt her with, she's just too distracted. She doesn't want to stand still. No, she wants to walk over and get the camera that is in front of my face.




Going, going...


































Baby girl has done so much over the last couple of months. From crawling to walking to talking. She still wants to crawl a lot of the time, but is walking between things and making it look easy peasy. Always on the go, snuggling has taken a back seat lately, which makes this mama a little sad.
She now completely understands the word no and usually listens. And she is starting to remember things I have told her not to do, like stand up in the bathtub.
She can say most of the sounds of the letters of the alphabet. She can even say her "S's". Kinda crazy, right? I think it's because she hears "Sassy" all the time. She will say "Sa" and Si" And it's a bit hard to tell, but she can also say her "T's". Though not as much as the "S". The other day, she threw in the "C" or "K" sound. Tia nailed it when she said Ella sounded like the sucky-wand-thingy (the scientific name you know) at the dentist's office! There is also lots of shrieking and screaming. You think she's upset but it will end with a smile. I'm going with she's just trying out her vocal chords...right??
She also imitates noises and motions, like coughing, clapping and meows. When we picked her up from school Friday her teacher asked if we say "Yayyy!" to her alot. I just replied, "Oh she clapped for you huh? Yeah, she's just as proud of herself as we are."
E is also really enjoying books these days. Whenever I start Brown Bear, Brown Bear, that little girl's face lights up! And it's now usually followed by a little clapping. She studies the cover, then slowly turns the pages, intensely looking at every detail. And when I finish, I usually put the book down on the nightstand. Well she loves it so much that she will shimmy her way out of my arms to the table, grab the book and bring it back to my face. Sooo, we read it again...and again....and again until it's way past her naptime.
And school? L-o-v-i-n it! I can't help but worry that will change. I know she will have good days and bad days. But when we picked her up last week her teacher asked if she had ever been in daycare because she was so happy! No crying whatsoever. And she is already attached to her teachers, which I am very grateful for. From what I hear from other moms, it won't be too long before she's asking me to take her to school everyday. ::Tear::
Miss E is really good at manipulating toys and objects, but hadn't yet done the following repeatedly. While playing the other day, I showed her how the toy worked a few times and Bam! she started doing it herself. What a smart cookie! Thanks Uncle Bob and Aunt Ruth for E's new favorite toy!




No comments:

Post a Comment