Sunday, January 30, 2011

Austin Children's Museum

I have long awaited the day when I could take my child to the coolest kid's place on the face of the planet. As a nanny in high school I took my preschool age kiddos to the Austin Children's Museum and I think I had more fun than they did! Since E is so adventurous I knew she would have a blast too. They have a section meant perfectly for crawlers and early walkers, so no big kids flying around knocking wee ones on their bums.



Going up the slide...because what else are you supposed to do on a slide? I mean really people, c'mon.









Playing with the chickens and listening to all the farm animal sounds. She would press the button, an animal would sound and she would turn around and look at me with a smile and a look of amazement in her eyes. I wish I had gotten a picture but I had to put the camera down and enjoy that little moment.



She soon got bored with the baby stuff and out we headed to be among big boys running at break-neck speeds and big girls screaming and throwing feathers and blocks.


Playing with blocks



This was the part I remember most from my first visit. They have a play cafe and grocery store. Soooo wish they had this when I was a kid.




Have you ever tried a pretzel and a pickle? No? Well you are missing out buddy!



We love our fruits and veggies! (Noooot.)




"From the Dairy Farm to You: The Story of Buttercup"




Awwww.....Buttercup





Her favorite part of the museum...the fishies










The cutest toddler was showing Ella how to work this toy





But the best part was banging the golf balls together









The best part of this whole day was when Ella was approached by another little girl. They each had one golf ball in hand. The story went like this:
Other girl tries to grab E's ball
Other girl's mommy tells other girl No Ma'am!
Other little girl starts crying
Ella stands there looking bewildered
Other girl starts screaming
Ella looks at other girl and starts screaming too
Two mommies start laughing hysterically at our crying girls
Hands down one of the funniest things that I've seen since becoming a mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment