Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Big Girl Eating

Remember how I was so excited about all the possibilities now that Ella can sit up? Well this was one of the reasons...high chairs at restaurants!! I always feel so bad for her having to sit in her car seat so we can eat. So Shaun and I ventured out to Maudie's for breakfast, brought Ella's super cute high chair cover and got ready to chow down.
Miss E wouldn't take her eyes off her Daddy






Ok Mommy, guess I'll give you a smile since you keep whistling at me




This....is a DIVA in training. A diva with food on her sweet little face, but nonetheless, a diva.



Ella has started trying to feed herself. She just loves to eat big girl food! She grabs the spoon and pulls it to her mouth.
Eating her first big girl meal in her big girl seat.

All was going well at Maudies. Miss E had finished eating her delicious cereal, Mommy was enjoying her scrumptious, carb loaded pancakes, when BAM!! I saw the look. I knew it instantly. "Shaun, babe...I think....I think...yep, definitely. She's pooping." She seemed to be fine so I thought I'd finish my meal then change her in the bathroom. No, nope, that was not in the cards. The smell began to creep. Once Shaun noticed it, I realized that it would soon drift to other guest's tables and mix in with their breakfast tacos and coffee.
I immediately pictured people complaining to their waiter of their food tasting just slightly off, not quite sure why, just off. Table after table would notice and Shaun and I would be forced to quietly, inconspicuously sneak out the side door, stinky baby in tow, pretending our food was fine and we have no idea what's going on.
So off to the bathroom we go. As I pick Miss E up, I realize the poop has come out the top front of her diaper. And now it's on me. Greeeeeaaaat. In the bathroom I lay her on the change table and here come the wails. Just loud, sad wails. No reason really. E just likes to cry when I change her at a public restroom. By this point the poo has spread down her legs and up to her chest. Since she is wearing a onesie, I am forced to pull the soiled clothing over her head. Yeah, exactly what your thinking...she now has poop on her hands, arms and hair.
I frantically grab TP because I know I don't have near enough wipes for this extreme situation. Screaming gets worse, poop is getting everywhere. Our waitress pops in behind me, asking if everything is ok. I later find out that when a mom with two girls comes in after me, as the door opened, all you could hear in the restaurant is screaming. My daughter screaming. I tell her I'm fine, but my daughter has poo stuck all in her belly button.
So I do all I can. Clean her up as much as possible, stick her in a clean onesie, call Shaun from the stall and say, "Grab the check, we gotta go." Click.
All the drama wore baby girl out and she fell asleep, covered in poo, in her car seat on the way home. Daddy gives her a bath and she went right down for a nap. Yes, it was quite a memorable morning. Not just for the excitement of watching your infant turn into a baby girl, as she tries to feed herself cereal in her high chair. Once again, poo has made the day.

1 comment:

  1. omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This poo is out of control!!! ROFL !! Im sorry you had such a crazy morning, but hey at least she can sit in her chair! And I know a little taco with bean in it never hurt me...... ha hah a rofl kidding!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete