Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy 5 Month Birthday Ella!

Wow. That's all I can say today. Wow...I mean WOW!! How do I have a 5 month old daughter?!?! Didn't I just revel at the fireworks at my wedding to the hubs?? And to top it off, E is sitting up. Yeah, like all on her own. The other day she just started sitting up by herself but just for a few seconds. Today, she woke up and must have decided today was the day. This is it, now or never. And she did it. Ella can sit up for as long as she pleases. Without my help. My head is spinning thinking of all the possibilities! Highchairs and pictures...She can sit up to watch TV.
As far as the monthly picture with the frog...well E has discovered that there is a whole world around her. Usually she can't take her eyes of the camera (Camera shy? No!! Not my child!). But today, the smiles and looking at the camera were not happening at the same time. I mostly got one or the other. I finally accepted it. But I got lots of pics of the new 'old man' face.


That frog isn't looking so huge anymore!

Sitting up on the floor







Just lovin that tutu



Think she's gonna be a ballerina??
































Again with the tutu




Sassy took E in to see Poppy, hard at work in his office. She sat on the pool table and decided to give Poppy some of her arsenal of faces.

The 'your so silly Poppy - side eye version'



The 'Huh?'



The 'I Know!!! I was just thinking that!'





The 'You can't fool me, I wasn't born yesterday Poppy...'





Practicing her plies. Look at that little pinkie finger up in the air!





Then she turned to look at Sassy. Look at that adoration!! (well, mixed in with the old man face)

I think I can now safely say that we got lucky and the 4 month wakeful period passed us by. This dreaded time in an infant's life is when they realize there are things still going on as they sleep. Ans so they want to stay up and partake in the fun. Ella is just so darn tired that she still sleeps through the night. However, I think we got the 3 month-no nap ever-or really short nap-period. At about three months E stopped napping. The pedi just gave me a "Well, I guess she's just a poor napper." And told me I should be grateful that she sleeps so well at night. And don't get me wrong, I totally am. It would just be nice to get something done during the day instead of having to wait until little one is asleep. Whatever no-sleeping affects your baby, it's supposed to get better at about 6 months. So I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
However, don't you know that Miss E just woke up from a 2 hour nap!! Yep TWO WHOLE HOURS!! She must have known today is a very special day and wanted to get her beauty rest. But now she is up, sitting in my lap as I type this, drooling and chewing on my arm, talking to Moose A. Moose and Zee on the TV. And I couldn't be any happier.
At 5 months Ella:
Weighs 14 lbs, 2 ounces
Is almost 24.5 inches tall
Wears all her 6 month clothes and a few 9 month sizes
Sits up all by herself
Drools all.the.time (I think some teeth are right around the corner)
Has her Daddy's personality...stubborn and easily frustrated
Loves her cereal! Today she actually fed herself...brought the spoon to her mouth and opened wide!
Holds onto things to stand herself up
Loves Jack-in-the-Box, not the food...the game
Plays with cups, plates, whatever she can get a hold of on the table
Like to watch video of herself
Plays with and types on the phone...She has sent text messages to Daddy
Loves to be read to, especially rhyming books
Still trying to crawl when you put her on her belly
Likes to stare at other kids
Seriously loves the dogs, especially Maggie the Poodle. Its a mutual affection. Ella 'rides' Maggie and pulls her ears and hair and Maggie just loves it
Will hold your face in her hands and concentrate on your features















2 comments:

  1. wowzers! 5 months!? Crazyyyy! I love all her faces! She is getting a little personality! presh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to believe how quickly the time flies. Watch out world crawling is next!! :)

    ReplyDelete